[Releasing] New Qt 5.4.0 snapshot available

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Fri Nov 21 10:07:30 CET 2014

Hi all,

Updated snapshot available

Windows: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/2014-11-21_84/
Linux: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/2014-11-20_94/
Mac: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/2014-11-21_78/
Src: http://download.qt-project.org/snapshots/qt/5.4/5.4.0-rc/2014-11-21_src/

Now also couple of mac installers available. Unfortunately iOS packages are still missing because of compilation issue there.

Target is to put RC out as soon as possible so please give again time to test these packages.

These aren't yet final RC packages but really close so please inform me immediately if you find some new blocker!

Packages have now QtCreator 3.3 snapshot built against new qt5 binaries.

Qt5 changes in this snapshot:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/100315/
Patch Set 1:

* qtbase e86f1ce...8ed994f (6):
> iOS: Make sure QStandardPaths::displayName() is defined
> Doc: correct autolink issues corelib/mimetype
> add buildsystem changelog for 5.4
> Doc: Added brief statement to group definition
> Fix QtCreator debugging on Android 5.0 devices
> Correct the signature and access rights for the protected constructor

* qtdoc 0db8378...e96d2de (1):
> Doc: Added brief statement to group threads

* qtqa 32d0a6f...0ef6529 (2):
> Submodule update bot: Set correct branch for Qt3D
> Remove old wayland exclusion.

Br,
Jani