[Releasing] Binary packages for Qt 5.4 / Qt WebEngine 1.0

Albisser Zeno Zeno.Albisser at digia.com
Mon Sep 8 13:56:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

As you might already know, Qt WebEngine for Windows can only be built on a 64bit machine. This is a strict requirement imposed by Chromium. However Chromium used to build 32bit binaries only for quite a long time, and Windows 64bit support has only been added very recently.
Further requirements on Windows are ANGLE and msvc2013.

Matching this with our packaging infrastructure leaves us with a single build to produce packages: win-msvc2013-Windows8.1-x64_ANGLE
Assuming that the x64 in the name resembles both host and target operating system.

This also means that we will not have 32bit Windows packages that include QtWebEngine. And I think this is something we might want to change.

I believe the only change necessary to allow building 32bit Windows packages is to change the configuration win-msvc2013-Windows8.1-x86_ANGLE to be actually running on a Windows x64 installation. Do you think this change is feasible?

Best Regards,

Zeno Albisser