[Releasing] Binary packages for Qt 5.4 / Qt WebEngine 1.0

Knight Andrew Andrew.Knight at digia.com
Tue Sep 9 11:27:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

>From a CI perspective, I believe you are asking for a testconfig which runs under the win-msvc2013-Windows8.1-x64 nodes, but builds under the x86 "vcvars" command prompt.

This is already done for packaging machines building Windows Phone mkspecs (ARM and x86), and must be done for CI once Windows Phone is there as well. In all WinRT cases, the OS is 64-bit while the command prompt is the "default" x86 one.

So, you are not alone in this requirement. It's a matter of changing the configure scripts to allow building from a non-x64 command prompt within the 64-bit environment. If we made this a hard requirement across the board, we could even drop the win-msvc2013-x86 stage *nodes*, and just make sure the relevant stages are executing with the correct (x86, ARM, X64) vcvars.

Cheers,
Andrew