[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 08.12.2015

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Dec 9 09:48:30 CET 2015

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 8th December 2015

Qt 5.6 Beta status:

- New snapshot under testing, no new blockers reported so far

- Latest qt5.git should contain fixes for remaining open beta blockers

    * Packaging ongoing, we should have beta candidate packages for testing latest tomorrow

- Target is to release these new packages as Qt 5.6.0 beta Mon 14th Dec if nothing new & serious enough found during testing

Qt 5.7 Feature Freeze:

- We need to postpone the Qt 5.7 feature freeze at least until the Qt 5.6 beta is done

    * ML discussion needed to agree if 5.7 FF can be between beta and RC. Jani will initiate discussion soon.

Next meeting: 5.1.2016 15:00 CET (If beta released as agreed)



irc log below:

[17:00:45] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:01:05] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:05] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:21] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:33] <jaheikki3> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:38] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:48] <jaheikki3> - Qt 5.6.0 beta status
[17:03:00] <jaheikki3> - Qt 5.7 feature freeze
[17:03:10] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:47] <jaheikki3> let's start from Qt 5.6.0 beta status:
[17:05:13] <jaheikki3> -new snapshot under testing, no new blockers reported so far
[17:05:33] <jaheikki3> - Two old ones still open, fixes in latest qt5.git
[17:06:13] <jaheikki3> - creator build ongoing. When succeed i'll start new installer builds
[17:07:00] <jaheikki3> -> we should have beta candidate packages for testing during tomorrow
[17:07:44] <jaheikki3> Then some testing & beta out if nothing serious found during testing
[17:08:17] <jaheikki3> We are targeting to release beta next monday
[17:08:25] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:08:58] <fkleint> Commercial examples in?
[17:09:35] <jaheikki3> fkleint: Unfortunately no :( But it has been agreed earlier that it won't block the beta
[17:09:54] <fkleint> hm,ok
[17:11:31] <jaheikki3> ok, that was all about 5.6 beta at the moment
[17:11:41] <jaheikki3> then Qt 5.7 feature freeze:
[17:12:46] <thiago> we haven't released the beta for the feature-frozen Qt 5.6
[17:12:52] <thiago> at the very least, that should happen first
[17:13:00] <thiago> so Qt 5.7 feature freeze needs to be pushed to next year
[17:13:17] <jaheikki3> thiago: That was just what I meant to propose ;)
[17:13:35] <jaheikki3> We need to get beta out first at least
[17:13:53] <jaheikki3> I was planning to propose new ff date 15th Jan
[17:14:19] <carewolf> I would prefer after the RC also, so we don't push multiple places at the same time
[17:14:47] <thiago> I would prefer that too, but I wasn't going to suggest being so radical
[17:15:01] <thiago> let's do this: it needs to be a ML discussion, with lars's ok
[17:15:32] <thiago> I'm ok with shortening a little, like between 5.6 beta anad RC
[17:17:39] <jaheikki3> ok for me. Ideally it should be after RC but on the other hand I don't want to delay 5.7 final so much... let's agree that via ML, I can initiate discussion. Should I use release or dev ML?
[17:21:00] <thiago> dev
[17:21:47] <jaheikki3> Ok, i'll start discussion there
[17:23:37] <thiago> thanks
[17:25:03] <jaheikki3> I think it was all at this time. I think we can skip next week's meeting and then it is christmas week -> I propose to have next meeting 5.1.2016 at this same time. OK?
[17:25:30] <carewolf> assuming beta is out, otherwise we might still need it
[17:26:46] <jaheikki3> carewolf: Yeah, true. If beta isn't out let's have a meeting next week. But if it is then let's have next meeting 5.1.2016
[17:26:47] <thiago> let me check if I can join at this time on 5.1
[17:27:09] <thiago> where in the world will I be
[17:27:47] <jaheikki3> thiago:  ;) We can tune the time if needed
[17:28:29] <thiago> I'll be in Chicago from 6:20 to 9:20 CST
[17:28:39] <thiago> so the best time would be 8:00 am CST, which is...
[17:29:08] <thiago> 15:00 CET / 16:00 EET
[17:29:10] <thiago> one hour earlier
[17:29:13] <thiago> can we do that?
[17:29:56] <jaheikki3> Ok for me
[17:31:12] <akseli> +1
[17:32:04] <jaheikki3> OK, great. Let's end this meeting now, put beta out & have new neeting 5.1.2016 15:00 CET
[17:32:16] <jaheikki3> Thanks your participation! bye
[17:33:33] <fkleint> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/releasing/attachments/20151209/613a779f/attachment.html>

More information about the Releasing mailing list