[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 09.02.2015
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 9 16:35:26 CET 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 9th Feb 2015
Qt 5.4.1 status
- Target is to create final packages as soon as we can close remaining open issues:
* Fix for QNX compilation issue still under work, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104388/
* qtbase changes file still under construction, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/105042/
Qt 5.5 status
- Feature freeze & branching planned to be next Monday. There is still pretty much work to do before FF:
* Finalize merges from '5.4.1' -> '5.4' -> 'dev
* License header change (starting from https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104705/)
Next meeting Mon 16th Feb 2015 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:01:05] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: kkoehne: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche_:jturcotte ping
[17:01:11] <ankokko__> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:34] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:55] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:14] <jaheikki3> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:21] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:28] <jaheikki3> Qt5.4.1 status
[17:02:35] <jaheikki3> Qt5.5 status
[17:02:44] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:02:58] <ZapB-office> jaheikki3: pong
[17:04:15] <jaheikki3> OK, let's start from 5.4.1 status:
[17:04:29] <jaheikki3> Plan is to produce final 5.4.1 packages as soon as possible. Remaining open issues:
[17:04:42] <jaheikki3> Fix for QNX compilation issue still under work, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104388/
[17:04:59] <jaheikki3> qtbase changes file still under construction, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/105042/
[17:05:40] <jaheikki3> Those are only known missing items at the moment. When those are in then new packaging & testing round
[17:06:03] <jaheikki3> & if nothing serious new found then put the Qt5.4.1 out
[17:06:30] <ZapB-office> ok
[17:06:58] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:08:35] <jaheikki3> Then qt5.5 status
[17:08:51] <jaheikki3> Feature freeze & branching planned to be next Monday
[17:09:09] <jaheikki3> There is still pretty much work to do before FF:
[17:09:30] <jaheikki3> At least finalize merges from '5.4.1' -> '5.4' -> 'dev'
[17:09:50] <ZapB-office> I thought FF was today. Did I miss the announcement?
[17:10:28] <thiago> yep
[17:10:35] <thiago> it was delayed one week due to the CI problems we had
[17:10:38] <jaheikki3> ZapB-office: Yeah, you miss it. That was agreed in previous release team meeting & lars sent an email to the dev list
[17:10:55] <ZapB-office> sorry, i've been on the road and snowed under.
[17:11:47] <jaheikki3> Also license header change (starting from https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/104705/) needs to be in first
[17:12:15] <jaheikki3> --> It will be tight to get all these done early enough for the FF. We are trying but it might be possible that we need to postpone FF once again. Let's see that later this week.
[17:12:32] <ZapB-office> sure
[17:13:15] <thiago> it's a good idea to do the 5.4.1 merge into dev, but not strictly necessary
[17:13:24] <thiago> it can be merged into the newly created 5.5
[17:13:43] <thiago> unless someone is depending on changes in 5.4 or 5.4.1 for a 5.5 feature
[17:15:12] <jaheikki3> thiago: there were something depending... unfortunately friedemann isn't there now to clarify that...
[17:16:16] <jaheikki3> that is the status. Is there more comments / questions?
[17:16:46] <ZapB-office> What should we do for Qt3D as we move towards Qt 5.5 release if we want to do it as a tech preview?
[17:16:58] <ZapB-office> Should we move to 5.5 branch? or keep on dev?
[17:18:31] <ZapB-office> On a related note, i'm blocked on getting qt3d added to qt5.git due to QOpenGLTexture not being built on wince at present. I've asked bjoern to look into this on wince for me
[17:19:06] <jaheikki3> ZapB-office: usually TP's has been src deliveries only & so on it doesn't matter so much where the sources are. So in my opinion that should be kept on dev & take src snapshot in the Qt5.5 packages (like Canvas 3d was in 5.4)
[17:19:38] <ZapB-office> jaheikki3: ok that's fine. I don't mind either way. I just wanted to avoid makign more work for people
[17:19:52] <thiago> ZapB-office: the question is how much you can get done in one week
[17:20:05] <thiago> ZapB-office: my concern, from your email, is the threadweaver replacement
[17:20:28] <ZapB-office> thiago: some, but not all is my guess. The TW replacement is a licensing issue as it's an implementation detail
[17:20:40] <jaheikki3> ZapB-office: And if we proceed that way we shouldn't add Qt3D yet as a part of qt5.git, keep it just separate src delivery
[17:20:47] <thiago> ZapB-office: right, but it's major work
[17:20:51] <thiago> ZapB-office: the rest is API review
[17:20:55] <ZapB-office> thiago: yes
[17:21:07] <ZapB-office> jaheikki3: sure, i'll still aim to get it ready though
[17:21:34] <jaheikki3> ZapB-office: Yeah
[17:21:53] <ZapB-office> thiago: mika has something working but is under review by Marc so is improving rapidly
[17:21:59] <thiago> it can still be added to the 5.5 release, later
[17:22:15] <thiago> ZapB-office: I've seen emails
[17:24:10] <ZapB-office> ok, so we'll see what we can get done in a week or until whever final FF is
[17:25:05] <jaheikki3> Yeah, let's try to push all ready so that we don't need to postpone FF anymore.
[17:25:21] <jaheikki3> I think that was pretty much all at this time.
[17:25:38] <jaheikki3> Then next meeting. Next monday at this same time?
[17:26:47] <ankokko__> +1
[17:26:50] <ZapB-office> +1
[17:27:30] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now & have new one Monday 16th Feb 16:00 CET
[17:27:36] <jaheikki3> Thanks & Bye!
[17:27:44] <ZapB-office> jaheikki3: thanks for driving
[17:28:02] <thiago> thanks
[17:28:13] <ankokko__> bye
More information about the Releasing