[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 10.11.2015

Heikkinen Jani jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Nov 11 09:06:01 CET 2015

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 10th November 2015

Qt 5.6 Beta status:
	- qt5.git integration succeed & new packages created
		* Some issues found (fixed), testing request already sent
	- Unfortunately those aren't yet final beta packages
		* Important winRT related changes still missing
	--> No beta release during this week :( Hoping we could get beta out during next week.

Next meeting Tue 17th November 16:00 CET

Best regards,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager | The Qt Company

Irc log below:
[17:00:24] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:32] <ZapB> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:00:39] <ankokko_> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:00:42] <fregl> hello :)
[17:00:45] <ablasche> hi
[17:01:39] <akseli1> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:31] <jaheikki3_> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:49] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:02:53] <fkleint> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:59] <jaheikki3_> Qt 5.6.0 beta status
[17:03:17] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item(s) to the agenda?
[17:04:54] <jaheikki3_> Ok, Qt 5.6.0 beta status:
[17:05:13] <jaheikki3_> qt5.git integration finally succeed during the weekend
[17:05:41] <jaheikki3_> New packages created but unfortunately there seems to be some issues
[17:06:33] <jaheikki3_> Windows packages seems to have some issue with kit detection & example visiblity.
[17:07:23] <fregl> jaheikki3_: is that that they have been built with the wrong architecture?
[17:07:35] <jaheikki3_> Lixux packages had problems with installation. That should be fixed now. Enterprise packages already available, os ones coming
[17:08:05] <jaheikki3_> fregl: ? 
[17:08:27] <jaheikki3_> fregl: In my opinion eike found an reason for that
[17:09:12] <akseli1> jaheikki3_: latest linux installer is working correctly
[17:10:01] <jaheikki3_> akseli1: ok, no problems with examples?
[17:10:41] <akseli1> jaheikki3_: based on very brief sanity check no problems with examples anymore
[17:10:53] <eike> latest linux and mac packages worked for me as well (wrt kit/qt registration and building tableview example)
[17:11:48] <eike> windows fix for sdktool is ready now (a qt creator build with the fix just went through, just needs repackaging in the installer)
[17:12:41] <jaheikki3_> ok, great. I'll start new packaging for windows after this meeting -> we should have snapshot for testing late this evening
[17:12:46] <fregl> ah, good :)
[17:13:14] <jaheikki3_> It seems linux & mac issues I found was some user mistakes (as usual :) )
[17:15:31] <jaheikki3_> Most of issues from blocker list should be fixed in these packages
[17:15:52] <jaheikki3_> I'll sent official testing request tomorrow morning 
[17:16:24] <jaheikki3_> Unfortunately those aren't yet final beta packages: We need to get some winRT fixes still in
[17:17:02] <jaheikki3_> & of course fix the possible new blockers found during testing
[17:17:12] <jaheikki3_> So now beta release during this week :(
[17:17:26] <jaheikki3_> But hoping already during next week
[17:18:29] <jaheikki3_> Windows x86 packages are still missing as well, hoping we could get those soon as well
[17:18:49] <jaheikki3_> Any comments / questions?
[17:21:14] <fkleint> Are the docs ok, what is the story with the Gtk style?
[17:21:25] <fkleint> + commercial addons?
[17:22:55] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: according to my understanding docs should be ok. gtk style not but it isn't blocking the beta. We will fix it before RC
[17:23:12] <fkleint> ok,..then all fingers crossed
[17:23:24] <jaheikki3_> fkleint: Commercial add-ons coming but not in these packages yet
[17:23:37] <ankokko_> fkleint: addons are on the way, had some problems building the release content today 
[17:24:54] <jaheikki3_> eike: btw, akseli1 just managed to reproduce the tableview example issue ;)
[17:26:03] <akseli1> jaheikki3_: eike: yep, now compiler is missing from kit .. configuring compiler again to kit fixes the issue
[17:27:26] <jaheikki3_> Ok, I think it was all at this time
[17:27:47] <The-Compiler> jaheikki3_: could you upload another source snapshot as well?
[17:28:08] <The-Compiler> Or do I get the same as the source snapshot when cloning qt5.git and doing ./init-repository?
[17:28:54] <jaheikki3_> The-Compiler: http://download.qt.io/snapshots/qt/5.6/5.6.0-beta/latest_src/ contains already newest src packages
[17:29:38] <The-Compiler> damn, and I started building qt5.git a few hours ago :D Thanks!
[17:29:50] <jaheikki3_> The-Compiler: And yes, you can get same sources from git as well by doing init-repository
[17:31:20] <jaheikki3_> Ok to have new meeting tue 17.11.2015 at this same time? Hoping we could give go for beta then...
[17:33:04] <akseli1> +1
[17:33:09] <ankokko_> +1
[17:34:23] <jaheikki3_> Great. Let's end this meeting now & have new one after a week
[17:34:34] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for participation. Bye!
[17:34:36] <ankokko_> by
[17:34:38] <ankokko_> e
[17:37:32] <fkleint> bye

More information about the Releasing mailing list