[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 24.11.201
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Nov 25 07:00:58 CET 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 24th November 2015
Qt 5.6 Beta status:
- qt5.git integration hasn't succeed a while, new try ongoing
- After integration we should have fixes for most of known blockers
* Not fixed yet:
** QTBUG-49471 Bluetooth on Linux not working due to build issue. FIX available, not in yet
** QTBUG-49610 WinRT: No fonts rendered. Fix available, waiting for qt5.git integration
- When integration succeed new packaging + testing
--> No beta release during this week. Hoping finally during next one...
Next meeting Tue 1st December 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:14] <jaheikki3_> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:01:00] <akseli> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:53] <jaheikki3_> Time to start Qt release team meeting
[17:02:03] <jaheikki3_> On agenda today:
[17:02:08] <fkleint> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:02:12] <jaheikki3_> - Qt 5.6 Beta status
[17:02:22] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:40] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:04:18] <jaheikki3_> Ok, Qt 5.6.0 beta status:
[17:04:35] <jaheikki3_> qt5.git integration hasn't succeed a while :(
[17:04:43] <jaheikki3_> new try ongoing
[17:05:26] <jaheikki3_> It should contain fixes for most of open issues in blocker list (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47958)
[17:06:30] <jaheikki3_> At the moment only 2 issues without fixes in current integration: QTBUG-49471 Bluetooth on Linux not working due to build issue & QTBUG-49610 WinRT: No fonts rendered
[17:06:51] <jaheikki3_> Luckily there is fix proposals available for both
[17:08:06] <jaheikki3_> There is also one additional blocker proposal: QTBUG-49522. It is a bit unclear if it is still valid issue or not. I have asked comments from 3d quys but no reply yet
[17:08:46] <jaheikki3_> So it seems we might finally be quite close to beta
[17:09:20] <jaheikki3_> But it is sure we cannot release beta during this week: At least one qt5.git integration round needed + packaging + testing
[17:11:03] <jaheikki3_> Hoping there won't be new blockers found during testing & we can release beta finally during next week
[17:11:12] <jaheikki3_> Any comments or questions?
[17:14:06] <jaheikki3_> Ok, this was all at this time. Let's have new meeting Tue 1.12 at this same time, ok?
[17:14:08] <fregl> sounds sensible
[17:14:13] <akseli> +1
[17:14:26] <fkleint> +1
[17:15:14] <jaheikki3_> great. Thanks for your participation. Bye!
[17:15:20] <akseli> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing