[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 22.09.2015
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Thu Sep 24 06:50:37 CEST 2015
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 22th September 2015
Qt 5.5.1 status
- All needed fixes in & packages ready for testing
- If no new blockers found we will release Qt 5.5.1 during next week
Qt 5.6 Beta status
- Qt5.git integration working quite well --> We will have pretty new content in the packages when available
- Unfortunately no binary snapshot yet but should be coming soon
* Binaries will (most probably) be taken from new CI
Next meeting Tue 29nd Sep 2015 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:01:31] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:36] <akseli> jaheikki3: poing
[17:03:13] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:03:30] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:03:36] <jaheikki3> qt 5.5.1 status
[17:03:48] <jaheikki3> qt 5.6.0 status
[17:04:44] <jaheikki3> Something else to be discussed?
[17:04:55] <carewolf> pong
[17:06:19] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's start from Qt 5.5.1 status:
[17:06:57] <jaheikki3> - we should have all needed fixes in & packages ready for testing
[17:08:20] <jaheikki3> - qtbase change file / master change file (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/126113/) needs to be taken in but no plans to take anything else in anymore
[17:08:41] <jaheikki3> if nothing serious found during testing
[17:09:06] <jaheikki3> RTA tests are ongoing, manual test request will be sent tomorrow if RTA seems to be OK
[17:09:59] <jaheikki3> ANd target to put Qt 5.5.1 release our during next week, if no new blockers found
[17:11:23] <jaheikki3> any comments / questions?
[17:14:05] <jaheikki3> Then Qt 5.6 status
[17:14:28] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately no binary snapshot yet
[17:15:54] <jaheikki3> there is good progress with that and we are really hoping to get first out soon
[17:16:55] <jaheikki3> qt5.git integration has succeed pretty well so content will be quite new
[17:18:14] <fkleint> What is blocking? qtwebengine?
[17:18:33] <jaheikki3> And when we get first binary snapshot out we see better how close to beta we are
[17:19:46] <jaheikki3> fkleint: yes, webengine has some build issue with old system so we are now trying to get binaries from new CI & creating packages with those.
[17:20:56] <fkleint> hm,ok
[17:21:46] <jaheikki3> Some other comments / questions?
[17:22:31] <fkleint> header diff is looking promising I think so we might an early release?
[17:23:19] <jaheikki3> fkleint: great, let's hope so...
[17:24:47] <jaheikki3> I think it was all at this time. Let's have new meeting next Tue at this same time
[17:25:06] <fkleint> oki
[17:25:08] <jaheikki3> Thanks & bye!
[17:25:36] <akseli> bye
[17:25:53] <fkleint> bye
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing