[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 23.2.2016
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Tue Feb 23 16:27:09 CET 2016
Firstly, sorry that I forgot to send the invitation for today's meeting!
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 23rd February 2016
Qt 5.6.0 status:
- rc released today, see http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/02/23/qt-5-6-0-release-candidate-available/
- Target to get Qt 5.6.0 Final out Thu 3rd March 2016
* Hoping RC is good enough for making that happen
- Some change files still missing, we need to get those really soon to be able to keep the target schedule
* See broken links from http://wiki.qt.io/Change-files-in-Qt-5.6.0
Qt 5.7 status:
- Alpha content should be in place now
* Just need to get qt5.git integration + qt5 merge from '5.6' to '5.7' succeed. New try ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/149978/
- When qt5.git integration succeed we can export src packages from coin & verify the packages.
- Target is to release Alpha during this week, let's see if we can make it happen
Next meeting Tue 1st March 16:00 CET
Irc log below:
[17:00:27] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:01:29] <carewolf> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:33] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:40] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:45] <jaheikki3> qt5.6 status
[17:02:52] <jaheikki3> qt 5.7 status
[17:03:05] <jaheikki3> Any additional items to the agenda?
[17:04:50] <jaheikki3> lets start from qt5.6 status
[17:05:07] <jaheikki3> rc released today, jippii!
[17:05:35] <jaheikki3> http://blog.qt.io/blog/2016/02/23/qt-5-6-0-release-candidate-available/
[17:06:19] <jaheikki3> It seems my mail to announce at qt-project.org is stuck somewhere, at least I haven't seen it (but I sent it :) )
[17:06:46] <jaheikki3> But rc is released and now we are waiting feedback
[17:08:30] <jaheikki3> Hoping RC is good enough & we don't need to take new fixes in anymore. Just missing change files (many broken links still in http://wiki.qt.io/Change-files-in-Qt-5.6.0) + some documentation updates
[17:09:17] <jaheikki3> That way we could keep the estimated schedule, see http://wiki.qt.io/Qt-5.6-release (target to get final out 3rd march)
[17:09:29] <jaheikki3> Any comments / questions?
[17:11:38] <jaheikki3> Ok, then qt5.7 status
[17:12:02] <jaheikki3> According to my understanding we should have Alpha content pretty much in place
[17:12:41] <jaheikki3> We just need to get qt5.git integration (&qt5 merge from '5.6' -> '5.7') done
[17:13:23] <jaheikki3> New try is ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/149978/
[17:14:09] <jaheikki3> When that succeed we can do the src export & if package seems to be good enough we can but Alpha out
[17:14:48] <jaheikki3> Target was to get Alpha out during this week. It will be tight but still possible.
[17:15:01] <jaheikki3> Any comments or questions?
[17:16:30] <jaheikki3> (seems to be quite quiet today, I just noticed I forgot to sent meeting invitation ;) )
[17:17:43] <jaheikki3> I think it was all at this time. Let's have new meeting Tue 1st March at this same time. Hoping we can give 'go' for Qt 5.6.0 there
[17:17:56] <jaheikki3> bye
[17:19:51] <carewolf> bye
More information about the Releasing