[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 12.01.2016

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jan 15 23:30:44 CET 2016

On Friday 15 January 2016 09:21:19 Knoll Lars wrote:
> >There are problems with them, as evidenced by the bug reports received in
> >the  last year. Some are serious problems, like the 32-bit ARM code for
> >64-bit integers. And I think that the AArch64 codepath is just completely
> >busted -- unless Q_COMPILER_ATOMICS is defined, in which case we are back
> >where we started.
>

> Well, I wouldn’t have any problems if we in this case disable atomics for
> 64bit integers on 32bit (I don’t think we use those anywhere ourselves),
> and require proper atomics for AARCH64. I think we only support 32bit on
> QNX anyway.

I've fixed that bug now. The problem wasn't that the implementation failed to
compile... it compiled and worked some time, but not in others.

QTBUG-49168: MIPS's 3-argument testAndSet was broken at runtime
QTBUG-48197: IA-64 3-argument testAndSet failed to compile
QTBUG-46949: 64-bit atomics on iOS caused segfault 50% of the time (bad
alignment)

These are just from 2015. Three different architectures, three separate issues
and only one of them was a compile-time failure.