[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Qt release team meeting 19.01.2016
jani.heikkinen at theqtcompany.com
Wed Jan 20 09:03:10 CET 2016
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 19th January 2016
Qt 5.6 status
- Most of changes which were blocking the branching should be in now
* merge from 5.5 to 5.6 still ongoing
* https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/144374/ still missing
--> Better to wait those in before start branching. Target to start branching today or at least during this week
--> If we can start soft branching today target schedule for Qt 5.6 will be:
* finalize branching 27.1,
* RC 10.2
* final release 24.2
Qt 5.7 status
- there is a fix for std::atomic issue available but not in yet
* When integrated we need to get https://codereview.qt-project.org/139151 + dependencies in before we can start soft branching
- License Header changes coming in all the time. some already in. Not blocking the soft branching, can be taken in during soft branching period
- Adding published add-on modules to qt5.git ongoing. Not blocking the soft branching, can be taken in during soft branching period
--> Hoping we can start soft branching at the end of this week & have FF and final branch a week after that
Next meeting Tue 26th Jan 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:23] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical: vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:30] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:32] <sean_harmer> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:56] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:02] <fkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:29] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:34] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:02:42] <jaheikki3> qt 5.6.0 status
[17:02:52] <jaheikki3> qt 5.7 status
[17:03:10] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:05:28] <carewolf> pong
[17:05:37] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's start from 5.6 status:
[17:06:15] <jaheikki3> all changes which were blocking the branching should be in now
[17:06:35] <jaheikki3> qt5.git integration has succeed couple of times with those
[17:07:18] <jaheikki3> unfortunately we haven't been able to produce proper snapshot for testing yet
[17:09:31] <jaheikki3> There is some changes needed for export tool to be able to handle those published enterprise add-on modules
[17:10:01] <jaheikki3> Work is ongoing & we should be able to create snapshot for testing really soon
[17:10:35] <jaheikki3> But I think we are ready to start soft branching from 5.6 -> 5.6.0 now & finalize it after a week
[17:11:17] <jaheikki3> if no-one objects I'll ask ossi|tt to start that as soon as possible
[17:12:35] <jaheikki3> In addition to this we need to do official API review as well. fregl organized that last time and I'll ask him to do it again at this time as well
[17:13:25] <thiago> looks like no objections
[17:13:28] <sean_harmer> +1
[17:14:20] <jaheikki3> great. let's start soft branching latest tomorrow. so the target schedule for 5.6.0 will be:
[17:14:45] <ossi|tt> jaheikki3: i can do it right away
[17:14:50] <jaheikki3> finalize branching 27.1, RC 10.2 and final release 24.2
[17:14:55] <jaheikki3> ossi|tt: Great!
[17:16:13] <fkleint> 5.5->5.6 merge still ongoing
[17:16:18] <fkleint> qtbase
[17:17:03] <ossi|tt> ok, i should wait for that. not that it's not possible to do it nonetheless, but it's an unnecessary complication.
[17:17:40] <fkleint> yep https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/145313/
[17:18:38] <jaheikki3> ok, let's wait that
[17:19:36] <jaheikki3> I think it was all about 5.6 at this time. ossi|tt, please inform me when 5.6.0 branch is available and I'll sen info about that in ML
[17:20:04] <jaheikki3> then Qt 5.7 status:
[17:20:09] <ossi|tt> jaheikki3: probably, you'll need to remind me. ^^
[17:20:16] <ossi|tt> jaheikki3: it's then done within 10 minutes.
[17:20:26] <jaheikki3> ossi|tt: OK ;)
[17:22:10] <jaheikki3> there is a fix for std::atomic issue available but not in yet
[17:22:42] <ossi|tt> jaheikki3: speaking of which, i think we need to wait for https://codereview.qt-project.org/144374 to integrate (which should work now that https://codereview.qt-project.org/146356 is in) - having the branches have different version of that would be a bit of a nightmare, i think.
[17:24:14] <jaheikki3> ossi|tt: Ok, should we try it immediately?
[17:25:07] <jaheikki3> thiago: so when it is integrated is https://codereview.qt-project.org/139151 only change needed to be in before we can start soft branching & preparations of FF ?
[17:25:27] <ossi|tt> jaheikki3: i suppose we could. but it presumably makes no sense if we want a submodule update with the qtbase merge integrated as well.
[17:25:45] <jaheikki3> ossi|tt: ah, true
[17:26:48] <thiago> jaheikki3: the change comes in a group
[17:28:03] <jaheikki3> thiago: OK, i noticed the dependencies
[17:28:24] <jaheikki3> hoping we could get those in during this week.
[17:28:34] <thiago> jaheikki3: there are two more but they're mostly harmless and it's the configure update
[17:28:45] <jaheikki3> for 5.7 there is also those license header changes coming all the time. some of those are already in, hoping we will get most of done during this week as well
[17:29:54] <jaheikki3> And adding those published add-ons (charts, datavis, VKB) as qt5 add-on modules is ongoing as well
[17:30:02] <jaheikki3> for 5.7
[17:30:40] <jaheikki3> Hoping we can get those in during this week as well.
[17:31:58] <jaheikki3> So it seems we could start soft branching quite soon, maybe already at the end of this week & so on have branching & ff at the end of next week
[17:33:58] <jaheikki3> I think we should get those std:atomic related changes in before starting soft branching as well as most of license header changes. adding those add-ons can be done during soft branching period. OK?
[17:34:44] <jaheikki3> comments / questions?
[17:34:54] <sean_harmer> sounds good
[17:35:16] <carewolf> +1
[17:35:42] <thiago> yep, it helps
[17:36:25] <fkleint> +1
[17:36:54] <sean_harmer> sorry guys, got to run. thanks for meeting
[17:39:02] <jaheikki3> ok, it was all at this time. Let's have new meeting after a week at this same time, OK?
[17:44:11] <fkleint> ok
[17:44:44] <jaheikki3> ok, let's end this meeting now & have new one 26.1 16:00 CET
[17:44:56] <jaheikki3> thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:45:01] <fkleint> bye
[17:45:06] <carewolf> bb
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Releasing