[Releasing] Qt 5.10 schedule etc

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Aug 8 10:41:02 CEST 2017

Hi all,

We should have FF & branching today. Unfortunately we are still fighting with some issues in qt5.git integration in 'dev' . That's why we haven't been able to start soft branching yet :( But that doesn't mean we will officially delay the FF ;)

So let's freeze new features for Qt 5.10 today as planned. Please don't put any new features in for 5.10 anymore. We will start soft branching immediately when issues with qt5.git integration in' dev' are solved. And we will finalize branching ~ after a week from that date when soft branching starts. So there will be still enough time to get changes in which are currently suffering these issues in dev. 


From: Development <development-bounces+jani.heikkinen=qt.io at qt-project.org> on behalf of Jani Heikkinen <jani.heikkinen at qt.io>
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:55 AM
To: development at qt-project.org
Cc: releasing at qt-project.org
Subject: [Development] Qt 5.10 schedule etc

Hi all,
Kindly reminder: According to schedule we should have Qt 5.10 feature freeze after a week, see https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.10_Release. So it is time to do remaining finalizations to 5.10 new features now and focus to bug fixing after that. Please fill new features page now as well (https://wiki.qt.io/New_Features_in_Qt_5.10); it seems to be quite empty at the moment.

And we should start soft branching today. But as Frederik informed yesterday we are planning to do some changes to coin infrastructure during this week (see http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2017-July/030596.html). So let's postpone the start of soft branching a bit and do it after coin infra changes are in & working. Doing one more branch just now makes these coin changes more difficult & most probably causes more delays in the future.

So the plan with 5.10 is following:
1. Let's keep the agreed ff as it is (8.8.2017)
2. Get first 5.10 binary snapshot from 'dev' out as soon as possible
3. Start soft branching (from 'dev' to '5.10') immediately after coin infra changes are in & every branch ('5.6', 5.9' & 'dev') is working ok with infra changes
4. Finalize branching (~ a week from soft branching)
5. Release Qt 5.10 alpha as soon as possible after the branching. We should be able to do this quite quickly; As usual Alpha will be src packages only and we can already create needed ones from 'dev'.
   * Most probably we should be able to deliver binary snapshot with alpha as well. If not just at same time then quite soon after the release...


Development mailing list
Development at qt-project.org

More information about the Releasing mailing list