[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 7.11.2017
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Nov 7 16:36:59 CET 2017
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 7th November 2017
Qt 5.10 status:
- Target to put beta4 out during this week
- Target to start soft branching from '5.10' -> '5.10.0' today and finalize it Mon 13th November
* as usual release team will create initial change files immediately after branching for maintainers
- Target to release rc 16 November as planned
* There is still few open issues in RC blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957. Hoping we can close all early enough for rc...
* Some API review related changes still ongoing, should be possible to get remaining changes in early enough for rc
Qt 5.9.3 status
- Branching will be finalized tomorrow
- Initial change files created & most of those has +2 already, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22file+for+Qt+5.9.3%22,n,z
* Please finalize ongoing ones now
- All known blockers should have a fix available, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18995
- Plan is to finalize branching, integrate waiting changes in 5.9.3 & then create final packages
- And if RTA indicates packages are good enough for the release we should be able to release Qt 5.9.3 during next week
Next meeting Tue 14th November 2017 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:39] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: fkleint: ZapB: tronical:vladimirM: aholza: peter-h: mapaaso: ankokko: fkleint: carewolf: fregl: ablasche: lars: ping
[17:00:47] <fregl> hi
[17:00:52] <lars> hi
[17:01:35] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:41] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:45] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.10 status
[17:01:53] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.9.3 status
[17:02:02] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:33] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 5.10 status:
[17:03:52] <jaheikki3> Beta3 released last Wed
[17:04:23] <jaheikki3> target to put beta 4 out during this week
[17:04:49] <jaheikki3> There is still few open issues in RC blocker list, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18957
[17:05:53] <jaheikki3> Some of those have a fix available and I am hoping we can close all those during this week & so on be able to release rc on time
[17:06:13] <jaheikki3> rc target 16th Nov
[17:06:23] <carewolf> hi
[17:06:48] <jaheikki3> lars: thiago: Is all mandatory API review changes now in?
[17:07:01] <lars> jaheikki3: unfortunately not yet
[17:07:17] <lars> some compilers making trouble in CI...
[17:07:38] <jaheikki3> Ok, I have seen some CI issues as well lately...
[17:08:42] <lars> I hope thiago fixes the patches tonight. otherwise I'll try to get some help from Oslo tomorrow
[17:08:43] <jaheikki3> Hoping we can get all those in within a week; we are targeting to start soft branching from 5.10 -> 5.10.0 today; ossi|tt promised to do that
[17:09:16] <lars> should be doable in a week
[17:09:43] <jaheikki3> great
[17:11:15] <jaheikki3> And as usual release team will create initial change files immediately after branching. Hoping we could get those in as soon as possible.
[17:12:03] <jaheikki3> I think this is all about 5.10 at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:12:26] <carewolf> when is last merge from 5.10 to 5.10.0 ?
[17:13:36] <jaheikki3> carewolf: target is to finalize branching Monday 13th November
[17:15:27] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.9.3 status
[17:15:50] <jaheikki3> Branching from 5.9 -> 5.9.3 will be completed tomorrow
[17:16:48] <jaheikki3> Initial change files created & most of those ha s+2 already, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/q/message:%22file+for+Qt+5.9.3%22,n,z
[17:17:10] <jaheikki3> Please finalize ongoing ones as soon as possible
[17:18:42] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately we have some issues to integrate new changes in 5.9.3. Fixes should be finally in place & we just need to get qt5.git integration through in '5.9.3' and then we can integrate all waiting changes in
[17:19:20] <jaheikki3> Known blockers should have a fix available, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=18995
[17:20:22] <jaheikki3> So plan is to finalize branching, integrate waiting changes in 5.9.3 & then create final packages
[17:20:54] <jaheikki3> And if RTA indicates packages are good enough for the release we should be able to release Qt 5.9.3 during next week
[17:21:16] <jaheikki3> That's all about Qt 5.9.3 at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:23:55] <jaheikki3> it was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one next tue as planned
[17:24:15] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation. Bye!
More information about the Releasing