[Releasing] Qt 5.11 initial schedule

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Nov 29 08:17:31 CET 2017

Hi all,

Now when Qt 5.10.0 is in its final steps it is time to start scheduling Qt 5.11. As usual we need to get it out before summer holiday period so let's target to get it out at the end of May as usual.  Below is my proposal for Qt 5.11 initial schedule (based on realized schedules with Qt 5.9 and Qt 5.10):

Soft Branching starts 24th January 2018
Feature Freeze & Finalize branching 31st January 2018
Alpha Release 21st February 2018
First Beta Release 21st March 2018
Release Candidate 17th May 2018
Final Release 31st May 2018

And note: This is just an initial schedule based on earlier experience & we will try to get release(s) out as soon as possible after feature freeze.

br,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager