[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 15.10.2019
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Oct 16 06:40:36 CEST 2019
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 15th October 2019
Qt 5.14 status:
- Beta1 released, testing ongoing
- Beta2 preparations ongoing. Target is to get beta2 out during this week
* Unfortunately there is an issue blocking us to integrate latest changes in qt5.git, see QTBUG-79150
- API review still ongoing, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-77839
* We should finalize that finally
- Branching complete
- Changes file creation ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/message:%2522Add+changes+file+for+Qt+5.13.2%2522+status:open
- Creating first snapshot ongoing, target is to get it for RTA testing tomorrow
- Release blocker list quite empty; only 2 issues there atm, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=21537
- Initial release target was this Thu (17th Oct) but that won't happen. New target is Thu 24th October
Next meeting Tue 22nd October 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:48] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:59] <lars> pong
[17:01:36] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:02:17] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:20] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:02:24] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14 status
[17:02:28] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.13.2 status
[17:02:38] <jaheikki3> Any additional items to the agenda?
[17:03:36] <vladimir-m> jaheikki3: cannot participate today. have no input either. jukka knows the as I do
[17:04:19] <jaheikki3> Let's start from Qt 5.14 status
[17:04:35] <jaheikki3> Beta1 released last week
[17:04:43] <thiago> \o/
[17:04:47] <jaheikki3> Beta2 preparations ongoing. Target is to get beta2 out during this week
[17:05:01] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately there is an issue blocking us to integrate latest changes in qt5.git, see QTBUG-79150
[17:05:25] <jaheikki3> let's see if we can solve that early enough
[17:05:50] <jaheikki3> API review still ongoing, see https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-77839
[17:06:23] <jaheikki3> Hoping we can get remaining reviews done as soon as possible
[17:06:37] <jaheikki3> Beta1 testing also still ongoing
[17:07:10] <jaheikki3> But this is all about 5.14 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:07:10] <The-Compiler> I'm a bit worried about two QtWebEngine regressions which could make it quite unusable: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-79021 and https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-78461
[17:07:29] <The-Compiler> should those maybe be added to some blocker list?
[17:07:53] <carewolf> The-Compiler: I will investigate
[17:08:09] <The-Compiler> carewolf: thank you!
[17:08:28] <jaheikki3> The-Compiler: carewolf: I added those now in RC blocker list
[17:08:44] <The-Compiler> haven't seen any other serious issues yet, but I still need to test after the Chromium 77 upgrade :)
[17:09:08] <jaheikki3> let's see later (after carewolf has investigated those) if those are really blockers or not
[17:09:30] <jaheikki3> The-Compiler: And thanks for raising these up!
[17:10:51] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.13.2 status
[17:11:06] <jaheikki3> Branching complete
[17:11:19] <jaheikki3> Changes file creation ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/message:%2522Add+changes+file+for+Qt+5.13.2%2522+status:open
[17:11:37] <jaheikki3> Creating first snapshot ongoing, target is to get it for RTA testing tomorrow
[17:12:03] <carewolf> I have some security patches trying to integrate, but the CI is causing trouble
[17:12:41] <lars> carewolf: yes, see ML
[17:12:50] <lars> aapo and others are looking into it
[17:13:49] <jaheikki3> yeah. we have had some problems to get VMs for packaging. Could be same root cause
[17:14:21] <jaheikki3> But release blocker list seems to be quite empty; only 2 issues there atm, see https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=21537
[17:14:54] <jaheikki3> Initial release target was this Thu (17th Oct) but that won't happen
[17:15:12] <jaheikki3> New target is Thu 24th October
[17:15:45] <jaheikki3> That's pretty much all at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:16:04] <lars> jaheikki3: judging from the discussions in #qt-ci on internal irc, it's OpenNebula having issues delivering VMs.
[17:16:16] <carewolf> sounds good
[17:16:30] <lars> yep
[17:17:56] <jaheikki3> Ok, let's hope they can solve the issue soon
[17:18:32] <jaheikki3> Let's end this meeting now & have new one Tue 22nd october at this same time
[17:18:42] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:19:19] <thiago> bye
More information about the Releasing