[Releasing] Closing 5.13 branch after Qt 5.13.2 release?

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Thu Sep 5 10:45:16 CEST 2019

Hi,

Now that we have Qt 6 work on top of the regular items there is quite a lot of merges even with Qt 5.12 entering the Strict (cherry pick) mode.

Another item we could do to reduce the amount of merges needed is to agree a bit shorter than usual life-cycle for Qt 5.13.

I propose to close 5.13 branch after the Qt 5.13.2 patch release, and from then on 5.14 is the stable branch to receive all bug fixes.

After comments in the mailing list, release team could discuss this and make the decision in one of their regular meetings.

Yours,

	Tuukka