[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 17.09.2019
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Sep 18 08:02:07 CEST 2019
Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 17th September 2019
- API review is ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/topic:%2522api-change%2522+status:open
* Please finalize reviews as soon as possible. Those aren't blocking alpha but should be ready at beta phase
- We don't have alpha content in place yet
* Couple of blockers without a fix in qt5.git (QTBUG-78299 & QTBUG-78440)
** Fixes available; we just need to get fixes in, qt5.git & packages
- Target is to get alpha out during this week
'5.13' branch & way forward :
- '5.13' will be moved to to cherrypick mode after we have branched '5.14.0' from '5.14'
* we can revisit if the 5.14 schedule holds up
Next meeting Tue 24th September 2019 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:13] <jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
[17:00:17] <ankokko_> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:23] <akseli> jaheikki3: pong
[17:00:41] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:24] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:29] <jaheikki3> On agenda today:
[17:01:36] <jaheikki3> Qt 5.14 status
[17:01:38] <frkleint> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:54] <jaheikki3> '5.13' branch & way forward
[17:02:10] <jaheikki3> Any other items to the agenda?
[17:03:36] <jaheikki3> Lets start from 5.14 status
[17:03:49] <jaheikki3> API review is ongoing, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/topic:%2522api-change%2522+status:open
[17:04:02] <jaheikki3> Please finalize reviews as soon as possible. Those aren't blocking alpha but should be ready at beta phase
[17:04:13] <jaheikki3> We don't have alpha content in place yet
[17:04:26] <jaheikki3> Couple of blockers without a fix in (QTBUG-78299 & QTBUG-78440)
[17:04:42] <jaheikki3> Fixes available; we just need to get fixes in, qt5.git & packages
[17:04:59] <jaheikki3> Target is still to get alpha out during this week
[17:05:32] <jaheikki3> That's pretty much all about 5.14 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:07:01] <thiago> sounds straightforward
[17:07:36] <jaheikki3> Ok, then '5.13' branch & way forward
[17:08:27] <jaheikki3> Plan is to release Qt 5.13.2 during October
[17:08:44] <jaheikki3> Tuukka started discussion if we should close '5.13' after Qt 5.13.2 release is out, see https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2019-September/037377.html
[17:09:35] <jaheikki3> There were some discussion & some new proposal including putting '5.13' to cherrypick mode, keep it open until 5.14 -rc1 etc
[17:10:01] <jaheikki3> All that just to minimize effort needed with merges.
[17:10:38] <jaheikki3> I propose that '5.13' will be in cherry-pick mode when we have branched '5.13.2' from '5.13' and '5.13' will be closed when Qt 5.14 rc1 is released
[17:10:40] <thiago> how are we doing with 5.14 schedules?
[17:11:19] <thiago> when is 5.14.0-rc1 expected?
[17:11:29] <jaheikki3> thiago: We are a bit late with Alpha but on the other hand we will have binaries with it so from that point of view beta should be quite easy
[17:12:04] <jaheikki3> thiago: at the moment no plans to delay 5.14 rc. So target is mid november
[17:12:41] <thiago> and how did we do on 5.13-rc compared to schedule?
[17:13:31] <jaheikki3> thiago: it was late
[17:13:43] <thiago> then that's my answer
[17:13:53] <jaheikki3> but we should try to keep the shedule
[17:13:57] <thiago> sure
[17:14:17] <thiago> if we make 5.13 cherry-pick mode after 5.13.2, then prophecy becomes fact and there will be no 5.13.3
[17:15:03] <thiago> I propose compromise: we move to cherry-pick mode when 5.14.0-rc1 is released
[17:15:32] <thiago> when the 5.14.0 branch is created, not when the 5.13.2 branch is created
[17:16:06] <jaheikki3> that sounds ok for me
[17:16:48] <lars> means a month more merges to handle for someone. Guess that's manageable.
[17:17:11] <jaheikki3> yeah, i think we will survive
[17:17:14] <thiago> we can always revisit if the 5.14 schedule holds up
[17:18:09] <lars> sure
[17:18:23] <frkleint> ok
[17:21:25] <jaheikki3> Ok, sounds like we have agrement to move '5.13' to cherrypick mode after we have branched '5.14.0' from '5.14'
[17:22:33] <jaheikki3> It was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new one tue 24th September as planned
[17:22:50] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation! bye
[17:23:08] <lars> bye
[17:23:10] <ankokko_> bye
[17:36:13] <frkleint> bye
More information about the Releasing