[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 29.09.2020

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Sep 30 07:15:49 CEST 2020

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 29th September 2020

Qt 6.0 status:
- Alpha content should be in place; we just need to get dependencies updated in all submodules
   * Work ongoing, hoping we can get new packages for testing soon
- Target is to release Alpha immediately when packages are good enough for it
   * Let's see if that can happen during this week or not

Qt 5.12.10:
- Release preparations after Qt 6.0 alpha is out
- Target release date 20.10.2020

Next meeting Tue 13th October 16:00 CET

br,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

irc log below:
<jaheikki3> akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: fregl: ablasche: ping
<carewolf> pong
<jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
<jaheikki3> on agenda today:
<jaheikki3> Qt 6.0 status
<jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
<carewolf> should we get a date on 5.12.10?
<jaheikki3> Ok, let's discuss about that also at the end
<jaheikki3> But let's start from Qt 6.0 status
<jaheikki3> We should have alpha content in place
<jaheikki3> But of course we have to get dependencies updated in all submodules
<jaheikki3> And then qt5.git integration, packaging & testing
<jaheikki3> New dependency update round ongoing, unfortunately few failures found
<carewolf> it all builds currently, nothing outstanding holding some modules back?
<carewolf> ok
<jaheikki3> Let's hope those can be fixed in modules self & we could keep qtbase and qtdeclarative as it is now
<jaheikki3> Target is to release Alpha as soon as possible but of course packages has to be well enough
<jaheikki3> So let's see if we can get Alpha out still during this week
<carewolf> great
<jaheikki3> Actually that's pretty much all about qt6 at this time.Any more comments or questions?
<jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 5.12.10 plan
<jaheikki3> I think we could start release preparations after Qt 6.0 alpha is out
<jaheikki3> And target to release it during October
<carewolf> ok, as long as we have roughly two weeks warning for qwe
<jaheikki3> Yeah, let's put release target for Qt 5.12.10 20.10.2020 so there should be enough time after Qt 6.0 Alpha
<carewolf> great
<jaheikki3> Ok, this was all at this time. I can't join next tuesday so let's have next meetiing tue 13th October at this same time
<jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
<carewolf> ok, thanks for the meeting
<frkleint> bye