[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 26.01.2021

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Jan 27 06:50:21 CET 2021

Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting Tue 26th January 2021

Qt 6.0.1 status:
- Release delayed again due to new regression found
   * Release blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=22766
- Target is to get fixes in as soon as possible & get the release out. Hoping that can still happen during this week

Qt 6.0.0:
- Publishing a snaphot delayed due to problems with download.qt.io
   * All should be now OK so target is to publish Qt 6.1.0 snapshot later this week
- Qt 6.1 Feature freeze will be in effect at the end of this week
- Branching from 'dev' to '6.1' will happen Monday 1st February 2021

Next meeting Tue 2nd February 2021 16:00 CET
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

irc log below:
[17:00:22] <jaheikki3> > akseli: iieklund: thiago: lars: frkleint: vladimir-m: ankokko: mapaaso:carewolf: ablasche: ping 
[17:01:19] <carewolf> pong
[17:02:35] <jaheikki3> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:02:44] <jaheikki3> On agenda today: 
[17:02:51] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.0.1 status
[17:02:54] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.1.0 status
[17:03:03] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:04:53] <jaheikki3> Let's start qt 6.0.1 status
[17:06:02] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately there is new release blockers found and that's why we don't have release packages in place yet 
[17:06:20] <jaheikki3> Release blocker list here: Current blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=22766
[17:06:57] <jaheikki3> Study ongoing and it seems we have a fix proposal in place. Let's see if that will fix all remaining issues or not...
[17:07:39] <jaheikki3> Target is to get the fix in the packages as soon as possible and if all OK publish Qt 6.0.1 soon after that
[17:08:06] <jaheikki3> Let's see if that can still happen during this week
[17:08:18] <jaheikki3> That's all about qt 6.0.1. Any comments or questions?
[17:08:30] <carewolf> sounds good
[17:08:46] <akseli> I agree
[17:09:22] <jaheikki3> Ok, then Qt 6.1.0 status
[17:09:50] <jaheikki3> We haven't published any snapshot yet
[17:10:26] <jaheikki3> Target was to publish first one during last week but those download.qt.io issues prevented us to do that
[17:11:01] <jaheikki3> All should be ok now & target is to publish snapshot later this week
[17:11:19] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.1 Feature freeze will be in effect at the end of this week
[17:12:06] <jaheikki3> And target is to branch 6.1 from 'dev' after that. So branching will be done Monday 1st February
[17:12:25] <jaheikki3> That's all about 6.1 status. Any comments or questions?
[17:13:30] <akseli> sounds like a plan
[17:13:53] <carewolf> do we have the new modules ready?
[17:14:47] <carewolf> I am unsure if I need to do anything extra for qtwebsockets and qtwebchannel
[17:15:15] <thiago> which ones were expected to oin the release in 6.1 and what's left after this?
[17:15:24] <jaheikki3> carewolf: ok so thos are coming also. Unfortunately those haven't been in new modules list yet
[17:15:54] <carewolf> yes
[17:16:23] <jaheikki3> carewolf: cmake port is done and CI is up and running? That is pretty much what is needed at the moment
[17:17:38] <carewolf> jaheikki3: it should be
[17:17:47] <jaheikki3> I need to do own jira items for those in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-90258
[17:17:57] <carewolf> I just found I had to bumd the dependencies manually yesterday
[17:18:13] <carewolf> ok
[17:19:25] <jaheikki3> thiago: current understanding is ones linked in https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-90258
[17:19:38] <jaheikki3> + those 2 ones carewolf just told
[17:20:54] <thiago> so what's left?
[17:20:57] <thiago> qtwebengine?
[17:21:11] <carewolf> + qtwebview
[17:21:21] <thiago> qtwebview depends on enginie, so yeah
[17:21:33] <carewolf> I guess qtmultimeida is a big one
[17:21:48] <carewolf> and qtlocation
[17:22:04] <jaheikki3> Yeah, quite many still missing
[17:23:06] <jaheikki3> carewolf: btw, it seem webchannel is still using qmake builds in CI
[17:23:41] <carewolf> jaheikki3: could be, I think it should work with cmake, but I can double check
[17:24:08] <carewolf> it also need a dependency bumb
[17:24:34] <jaheikki3> Thanks. I just checked from coin and sockets was ok but channel not
[17:25:02] <thiago> those are expected for 6.2? the lack of complete support is hindering 6.x adoption
[17:25:15] <thiago> it'll mean we need a longer beta period for when they do come
[17:25:42] <jaheikki3> And we need to get bump automated for these additional libraries as well. But that isn't anyhow related to FF
[17:26:37] <jaheikki3> thiago: do you mean those multimedia, location etc which are missing still from 6.1? 
[17:26:56] <thiago> yes
[17:27:17] <jaheikki3> According to my understanding plan is to compete the moduleset in 6.2 
[17:30:03] <jaheikki3> Lars has already communicated the initial 6.2 schedule in his mail (https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2020-November/040704.html); Let's hope that schedule will be enough
[17:31:04] <jaheikki3> I think this was all at this time. So let's end this meeting now & have new one tue 2nd February 2021 at this same time
[17:31:19] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:31:59] <akseli> bye

More information about the Releasing mailing list