[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 15.11.2022

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Nov 16 08:05:39 CET 2022

Qt 6.4 status:
- Qt 6.4.1 released
- Plan is to release Qt 6.4.2 at the beginning of next year

Qt 6.5 status:
- Dependency update rounds passed quite well recently in 'dev'
- Platform and module freeze will be in effect Fri 25th November
- Qt 6.5 feature freeze will be in effect Fri 9th December 
   * It is time to start updating new features to the  what's new in Qt 6.5' page: https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtdoc.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/whatsnew/whatsnew65.qdoc;h=82ec5a2e5fa1662ab79c871c4a0c0f0c31d2e427;hb=HEAD

Next meeting Tue 29th November 2022 16:00 CET

Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager

irc log below:
[17:00:05] <jaheikki3_> akseli: alblasch: carewolf: mapaaso:The-Compiler: thiago: ping
[17:00:26] <akseli> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:12] <jaheikki3_> Time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:50] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:53] <jaheikki3_> In the agenda today:
[17:02:00] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.4 status
[17:02:05] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 status:
[17:02:13] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:37] <jaheikki3_> Let's start from Qt 6.4 status:
[17:03:45] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.4.1 released today
[17:04:01] <jaheikki3_> See https://www.qt.io/blog/qt-6.4.1-released
[17:04:28] <jaheikki3_> Plan is to release Qt 6.4.2 january 2023
[17:04:52] <jaheikki3_> That's pretty much all about 6.4 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:05:08] <vohi> congrats to the release :)
[17:06:10] <jaheikki3_> Ok, then quick Qt 6.5 status
[17:06:53] <jaheikki3_> Dependency updates as well as submodule updates succeed pretty well in 'dev' recently
[17:07:15] <jaheikki3_> And so on snapshot updated reqularly as well
[17:07:42] <jaheikki3_> Let's hope this same continues now when FF is getting closer
[17:08:14] <jaheikki3_> Platform and Module freeze will be in effect next Friday (25th November)
[17:08:30] <jaheikki3_> and Qt 6.5 feature freeze Fri 9th December
[17:08:48] <jaheikki3_> So there isn't that much time to finalize new things for Qt 6.5
[17:09:35] <jaheikki3_> But that's pretty much all what I have at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:10:18] <vohi> the whatsnew page for 6.5 is already available in the qtdoc repo, perhaps a good time to remind people to add things to it?
[17:10:55] <jaheikki3_> That's true, I'll add a reminder to meeting minutes
[17:11:29] <vohi> will we get the header review process going soon after feature freeze?
[17:12:10] <jaheikki3_> Yes, target is to start the review process immediately after we have branched '6.5' from the 'dev'
[17:13:26] <vohi> ok, great. hopefully some activity on that before January!
[17:14:12] <jaheikki3_> ok, it was all at this time. Let's end this meeting now & have new meeting tue 29th November at this same time; I can't join tue 22nd 
[17:14:31] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:15:10] <vohi> bye, thanks!

More information about the Releasing mailing list