[Releasing] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 29.11.2022
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Nov 30 06:32:17 CET 2022
Qt 6.5 status:
- Module and Platform freeze is in effect now
- Qt 6.5 Feature Freeze will be in effect Fri 9th December
* Please update 'what's new in Qt 6.5' page: https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtdoc.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/whatsnew/whatsnew65.qdoc;h=82ec5a2e5fa1662ab79c871c4a0c0f0c31d2e427;hb=HEAD
- Target is to branch from 'dev' to '6.5' Mon 12th December
* Will be done after the first successfully dependency update round in 'dev', after the FF.
- The plan is to release Qt 6.5 Beta1 immediately after we have branched the '6.5'
- Qt 6.5 API change review will be started immediately after the branching
Qt 6.4 status:
- Qt 6.4.2 schedule replanned
* Target is to release Qt 6.4.2 before Christmas
* Release preparations already started, branching from '6.4' to '6.4.2' will happen later this week
Next meeting Tue 13th December 2022 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:31] <jaheikki3_> akseli: alblasch: carewolf: mapaaso: The-Compiler: thiago: vohi: ping
[17:00:51] <akseli> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:04] <thiago> jaheikki3_: pong
[17:01:46] <jaheikki3_> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:52] <jaheikki3_> on agenda today:
[17:01:56] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 status
[17:01:59] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.4 status
[17:02:08] <jaheikki3_> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:19] <jaheikki3_> Ok, let's start from Qt 6.5 status
[17:03:43] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 Module and Platform freeze is in effect now
[17:03:55] <jaheikki3_> New modules in Qt 6.5 are:
[17:04:10] <jaheikki3_> Qt GRPC, Qt Location & Qt Quick Effect Maker
[17:04:37] <jaheikki3_> All those are in CI & Qt5 already and adding those in the packages is ongoing
[17:04:59] <jaheikki3_> Qt 6.5 Feature Freeze will be in effect Fri 9th December
[17:05:47] <jaheikki3_> 'what's new in Qt 6.5' page seems to be quite empty still, please remember to add new stuff there asap. The page is here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/gitweb?p=qt/qtdoc.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/whatsnew/whatsnew65.qdoc;h=82ec5a2e5fa1662ab79c871c4a0c0f0c31d2e427;hb=HEAD
[17:07:04] <jaheikki3_> Branhing from 'dev' to '6.5' will happen as soon as possible after FF. Target is to do it immediately after first successfully dependency update round after FF
[17:07:30] <jaheikki3_> Hoping that can happen Monday 12th December
[17:07:52] <jaheikki3_> And the plan is to release Qt 6.5 Beta1 immediately after we have branched the '6.5'
[17:08:11] <jaheikki3_> Official Qt 6.5 API change review will be started immediately after the branching as well
[17:08:37] <jaheikki3_> But hoping API review actions are already done during normal codereviews in 'dev'
[17:09:01] <jaheikki3_> That's all about 6.5 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:09:23] <thiago> sounds good
[17:09:53] <thiago> I'm thinking of waiting on the IPC changes for 6.6. the CI is too unstable right now
[17:10:59] <jaheikki3_> Ok, sounds wise. And I bet the CI won't be any more stable near the FF because so many stuff will try to get in
[17:11:56] <jaheikki3_> Then Qt 6.4 status
[17:12:48] <jaheikki3_> I got the question if we could release Qt 6.4.2 earlier than originally planned because of QTBUG-108593
[17:13:33] <jaheikki3_> I don't see any reason why not so I have started preparations for Qt 6.4.2
[17:14:00] <jaheikki3_> There is already quite many changes in '6.4' after Qt 6.4.1
[17:14:28] <jaheikki3_> So the target is to release Qt 6.4.2 still before Christmas
[17:15:23] <jaheikki3_> Branching from '6.4' to '6.4.2' will be done later this week, immediately after the fix for QTBUG-108593 is integrated in '6.4'
[17:15:50] <jaheikki3_> it was all about 6.4 status at this time. Any comments or questions?
[17:17:53] <jaheikki3_> Ok, it was all at this time so let's end this meeting now & have next meeting Tue 13th December at this same time; 6th December is Independence Day here in Finland
[17:18:05] <jaheikki3_> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:20:27] <thiago> bye
More information about the Releasing