[Web] Suggestion to include info about dependencies on Qt download page

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Thu Feb 28 17:15:18 CET 2013

Op 28-2-2013 12:49, Leon Anavi schreef:
> Hi All,
>
>> It might be all obvious
>> for us, but some newbies are really struggling sometimes. And there
>> are lots of new people coming to Qt, at least judging from my reading
>> of the forums.
> I agree. The download and the installation of the SDK is the first
> impression that Qt makes to newbies and it is very important. An
> inexperienced student might decide not to use Qt just because of a minor
> issue during the installation.
I very much agree. In that sense, I really miss the SDK with the updater
and all that jazz. It was quite convenient also to distribute the right
package to developers in a team. If possible at all, we should get that
working again, also for the open source edition. I do think Digia
maintains something like it for the commercial version.

Don't underestimate the value of easy entry either. If people get
familiar with the framework easily, they are also likely to introduce it
at other places they end up working. I have done so in the past myself.

André