[Android-development] TouchEvents

Eskil Abrahamsen Blomfeldt eskil.abrahamsen-blomfeldt at digia.com
Fri Feb 8 15:30:29 CET 2013

On 02/07/2013 05:51 PM, Martin Koller wrote:
> I'm currently playing with TouchEvents using Necessitas.
> As I see unclear behavior, I checked how the code in Qt5/wip/android
> looks like there, and see that there is still code to be done (FIXME ...).
> Is it premature to ask about how this should work finally ?
>
> My current problem is (testing with 2 fingers) that whenever I release the
> finger which was the first to be pressed, I receive a TouchEvent which
> tells me that BOTH fingers are now released (does not happen if I release
> only the second finger).
> As this is my first dive into touch events, I just wanted to know if this
> is the behavior meant to be or just simply unfinished yet.

That definitely does not sound correct, no. Right now multitouch support
in Qt 5 for Android is work-in-progress, but in general I do not think
any touch points should be discarded before you actually stop pressing.
If you want to get involved when we have a solution, we'd be glad to
have your feedback to make sure we get it right :)

If you have questions specific to Necessitas (the port of Qt 4 to
Android), I think you'll get more help directing them to
necessitas-devel at kde.org, as that port is not being managed in the Qt
Project.

-- Eskil