[Automotive] [agl-discussions] Introduce Qt IVI layer (meta-qt5-ivi)

Streif, Rudolf rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com
Tue Jun 14 20:40:35 CEST 2016

Hi Louai,

> In the interest of avoiding fragmentation, I would like to invite
> interested parties to work with us to make sure that there is one place
> that provides high-quality recipes for these components.
>
> These components are included in our newly-public meta-boot2qt layer:
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/yocto/meta-boot2qt.git/
> The README provides a good overview:
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/yocto/meta-boot2qt.git/tree/README
>
> Is this based on "Qt for Device Creation" (
http://www.qt.io/qt-for-device-creation/)? At least the README mentions it.
A while ago I wanted to give Qt for Device Creation a try for a hobby
project but it seems to be commercially licensed only and there was only a
30 day free trial available. That still seems to be the case according to
the website. Could you please clarify the licensing? It looks as if the
layer itself is GPLv3-licensed. What about the boot2qt components?

> meta-boot2qt builds on meta-qt5 to provide amongst other things more up to
> date versions of Qt [1] and the above automotive packages [2]. It includes
> a poky-based reference distro, but the recipes can certainly be used
> independently.
>
> meta-boot2qt also provides support for a lot of devices. Currently this
> includes the i.MX6, i.MX7, Rcar Gen 2, Raspberry Pi 1/2/3, Jetson
> Pro/Tegra, VirtualBox, Intel. The full list can be seen in our layer init
> script [3].
>
> The layer is developed in the open through Qt Code Review (i.e. gerrit)
> [4]. I am very happy to see the wide-spread interest in these components.
> We welcome people to work with us to establish one high-quality, canonical
> upstream for the recipes.
>
> Looks like it is a fully distro layer. I will give it a shot.

Cheers,
Rudi

> Cheers,
> Louai
>
> [1] http://code.qt.io/cgit/yocto/meta-boot2qt.git/tree/recipes-qt/qt5
> [2]
> http://code.qt.io/cgit/yocto/meta-boot2qt.git/tree/recipes-qt/automotive
> [3] http://code.qt.io/cgit/yocto/meta-boot2qt.git/tree/b2qt-init-build-env
> [4] https://codereview.qt-project.org

*Rudolf J Streif*
System Architect - Open Source Initiative
Open Source Technology Centre

*M:* +1.619.631.5383
*Email:*  rstreif at jaguarlandrover.com

UK: G/26/2 G02 Building 523, Engineering Centre, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 ORR
US: 1419 NW 14th Ave, Portland, OR 97209
jaguar.com | landrover.com
-------------------
Business Details:
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Registered in England No: 1672070

This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information for a
specific individual and purpose.  The information is private and privileged
and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please e-mail us immediately.  We
apologise for any inconvenience caused but you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying or distribution or the taking of any action in reliance
on the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail does not constitute an order for goods or services unless
accompanied by an official purchase order.