[Development] Call for Volunteers: SSO-improvements for qt-project.org

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Tue Dec 6 21:58:47 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Daniel Molkentin
<daniel.molkentin at nokia.com> wrote:
> An obvious solution is to write Crowd authenticators for the two
> applications, so it doesn't need to happen on the web server level. For
> MediaWiki, somebody already wrote a plugin, which unfortunately is
> broken (for references, see the bug report above).

I was able to bribe a friend of mine (CC'd!) into looking into this up
a bit with promises of beer. He added a setting to stop MediaWiki
writing to Crowd, which should probably sidestep around most of these
issues. The plugin is in SVN, btw.

Tracking of that addition can be found at:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/105348

Note that if the MediaWiki PHP install has register_globals enabled
(it shouldn't!) then we will also want to keep an eye on
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/105347.

Thanks, Reedy!