[Development] Indicating Maintainers & Approvers on IRC

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Fri Dec 9 02:58:10 CET 2011

On 08/12/2011 16:50, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 de December de 2011 22.25.03,
> marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com wrote:
>> Anyways, my suggestion was just an idea on how to make the
>> voice/op feature _useful_.
>>
>> It's not like we actively use voice/op for anything on our channel
>> anyways (except ops sometimes block clients for a bit when their
>> ISP connection goes haywire and floods the channel will part/join
>> messages, but you are a maintainer (and founder) Thiago, so you'd
>> still be able to do that ;))
>
> You're also founder.
>
> The only time I've needed to use my Op abilities was to ban some
> people using the Nokia proxy that time out every 5 minutes and
> reconnect, flooding the channel with joins/quits.

Exactly! And that's why I wanted to use the status for something useful
for contributors, so they can quickly see who is what, and where to seek
for help depending on what they need. Of course, each maintainer will
have his/her own area of expertise, but at least they know who to look
up, ask, or identify during a discussion.

^shrug^ If people don't like that, I'll fold.

--
.marius