[Development] Crazy Idea

Dhaivat Pandya dhaivatpandya at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 18:05:48 CEST 2011

Okay, so, people do want this to happen. So, the first things we should
decide would be what features/ideas one would need. I say:

Now, IMHO, if we do make it a QPA by just changing the backend, that would
be exactly like Wt.
Also, even though desktop apps have been written like this for a very long
time, webapps (again, IMHO) are better arranged as MVC.

1) Templates
2) MVC properly done
3) Some type of scaffolding script
4) The core needs to be extremely fast and async
5) Database requests are shifted off to another thread, etc. This is not
possible (well, it is, but, not very useful) in languages such as Python,
PHP, Ruby since they all use green threading, which works, but, isn't quite
as fast.
6) Crash support, if something crashes, don't give a crazy error to the
user, figure out where it crashed, write to logs, and the web developer uses
an error page. Figuring out where it crashed is mostly where the work is
done.
7) Qt libraries are used as much as possible
8) (this one needs community support to happen) Relation to scripting
languages, such as Javascript, Lua, etc.

What do you think?