[Development] V8's location

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Mon Oct 24 10:11:00 CEST 2011

On Monday, October 24, 2011 09:32:00 AM ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Sunday, 23 de October de 2011, às 17.07.24, you wrote:
> > Samuel Rødal has posted comments on this change.
> >
> > Change subject: Improve drawing scaled image with raster using SSE2
> >

> > Patch Set 2: Do not submit
> >
> > You accidentally got src/3rdparty/v8 included in your change, could you
> > remove it?
>
> Can we move V8 out of qtbase and into a top-level module? I've done that
> mistake above several times. The fact that V8 is inside qtbase means I cannot
> do a git commit -a, despite the submodule ignore command.
>
> Also, can we move it to Gitorious and enable Gerrit for it? I have a patch to
> make it compile with ICC and I'd rather not have to create a github account
> just for this.

Isn't the right solution then to get your patch either upstream or into the Qt copy?

I'm not sure if putting v8 into gerrit helps much, because things like rebasing are
much harder with Gerrit. In a strange sense we want to make it difficult to modify
our fork of V8 :)

That said, does your employer allow you to contribute the patch upstream?

Simon