[Development] qt summit 2012 schedule structure

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Wed Apr 11 20:14:39 CEST 2012

Hi All,

 Doing more organization thought and work, we'd like to get the
discussion going about how to best organize the the schedule for the
summit.

 My personal experience from last year was such that it was a bit hard
to decide which sessions to attend, some I missed due to room locating
(perhaps that's just me ;))  but it extremely easy to actually
schedule my session and gather participants for it through the sticky
note system.

 Now, although this might be more related to the content rather than
structure but the latter could benefit- what about having top level
tracks that we can pre-decide on like for instance Qt Outreach (with
subjects: Docs,  Qt marketing, community and commercial visibility) ,
Qt Core (-beta efforts, bug fixing, features, users itches, new
contributors etc.)  Qt Platforms=(PI, android, iOS, etc.)  Qt Extras
(projects surrounding Qt that demand and contribute to its
development) and then - each track takes place in room blocks  such
that moving is easy within the track between the rooms.

Also, when checking the sticky board it might be easier to decide to
go to a session when it has the 'track' tag. Also, if hacking sessions
are scheduled just like any other session it might enable more people
to attend as opposed to background ones, as it can be pinned in one's
schedule.

>From my personal experience, having at least 15 minutes break after
each session would be great to catch breath, drink something and then
go to the next one. If our day is around 10 hours of day conf, and we
have an hour lunch break, that means we can schedule no more than 9
sessions of 45 minutes each day.

Thoughts, suggestions corrections (this is mostly my 2c from last
year's experience, the track names are solely for demonstration) ?

-Sivan