[Development] The final mile

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Dec 2 17:53:55 CET 2012

On domingo, 2 de dezembro de 2012 14.09.15, Hausmann Simon wrote:
>     (2) QWebElement and QWebSettings are indeed in include/QtWebKit and
> QWebView is in include/QtWebKitWidgets, i.e. the module split is present on
> the include level, too.

This, in turn, automatically means the error we found in the build is not
specific to Mac, but a qmake problem. Granted, it might be a qmake problem due
to some code specific to Mac (frameworks), but I don't think so.

The dependency of Qt modules comes from one of the files created during
compilation:

[installed Qt]
$ cd ~/qt5
$ grep depends lib64/qt5/mkspecs/modules/qt_lib_widgets.pri
QT.widgets.depends = core gui

[uninstalled Qt]
$ cd $QTDIR
$ egrep 'depends|include' mkspecs/modules/qt_lib_widgets.pri
QT_MODULE_INCLUDE_BASE = /home/thiago/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/include
include(/home/thiago/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/mkspecs/modules-
inst/qt_lib_widgets.pri)
$ grep depends /home/thiago/obj/qt/qt5/qtbase/mkspecs/modules-
inst/qt_lib_widgets.pri
QT.widgets.depends = core gui

I'm rebuilding WebKit now to check what it generates.

But given the case, it's likely to be what Kai thought: an artifact of the
buildsystem.