[Development] qt-jambi-interest at qt.nokia.com

Mon Dec 3 17:47:09 CET 2012

I understand on not getting direct access to the old subscriber list due
to privacy concerns.

Yes I think it worthwhile to send a last email to all subscribers
explaining that the list(s) have now shutdown with a list of new
resources and new places and a suggested replacement mailing-list.

what kind of assurances might there be that this same scenario doesn't
happen again ?  This seems a pertinent question to ask, particularly if
some of the same hands are managing the new location as did the old.

With regards to the other matters does anyone have any answer to those
questions ?

Getting the mailing-list 'archives' between September and November ?
Maybe it can be explained why the data is not listed, maybe a reader of
this list knows the name of someone who might know the answer.

About that legal at qt-project.org is there a direct dial number for that
department ?  How exactly does the department work.

It would be most useful to be able to communicate with Qt Project
concerning the Qt Jambi project and I welcome Thiago's comment relating
to supporting the Jambi effort and the need to be asking.

Over the time I have been involved with the Qt Jambi project I believe
at least 3 different individuals have tried at different times to make
contact with Nokia to raise questions.  I remember being in a telephone
conference call at one point with at least one representative of Nokia
involved.  It was felt there was certainly interest and will to assist
at the software developer level within Nokia but there was no interest
by those above and no response.

Unfortunately the lack of progress on these matters is now having a
negative impact on the Qt Jambi project so I have set a timescale to the
end of Q1 2013 to have pushed past these issues.

But first back to getting that contact at legal at qt-project.org.

The purpose of the contact is for the Qt project to clarify their
understanding of us and well as our understanding of them.

As well as work through some backlog matters hampering progress with the
Qt Jambi project.

> I also think we should migrate the jambi repositories from gitorious over to qt-project.org.

If this is a serious suggestion you should definitely get
legal at qt-project.org to get in contact so this can be discussed and
worked on so it can be setup as a goal we can work towards, because
right now this is not a goal due to lack of dialog; as potentially
blocking matters exist that need to be resolved.

Darryl