[Development] requesting an own 4.8-blackberry10 branch on gitorious

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Tue Dec 18 12:26:12 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:00:25AM +0000, Vladimir Minenko wrote:
> How do we proceed now? More comments? Some details for the expressed doubts? Some actions?

i created the branch 4.8.4-bb10 (which is also the version number you
should announce your release as). members of the group "Blackberry10
Branch Owners" (which you and peter are the admins of) may direct-push
and submit changes into it (adjustments possible at any time).

for the next release you'll obviously need the next vendor-release
branch. provided you actually use it to "start from scratch" (by
rebasing on top of the latest official release), this is cleaner than a
permanent vendor branch where you only merge from upstream (and get
yourself a fine mess of already upstreamed and still proprietary
patches). if the number of patches which are not supposed to be
upstreamed is is too big, going for the permanent vendor branch would be
more reasonable, though.