[Development] Qt3D naming/setup now done

sarah.j.smith at nokia.com sarah.j.smith at nokia.com
Tue Feb 21 06:18:38 CET 2012

Hi

Qt3D is now the name of our Qt Module, our repositories, our "product" in documentation, and our packages; as well as the project and team.

There's a bit more detail on the bug for the change:  https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-22962

For most the only thing to note would be that pulling and building qt5 now gets you a qt5/qt3d submodule.

Background:  previously when developing and launching our QML api the naming "QtQuick3D" or "qt/quick3d" was used for packages, documentation and also things like Code Review, CI and source repositories.  However over the past year we got some feedback that using the "Quick" naming for the visible parts of the project should be removed and we should use Qt3D across the board.

I've been asked to clarify this - so here it is:   qt/quick3d and QtQuick3D is dead; long live Qt3D and qt/qt3d.

Thanks,

Sarah Smith
Team Lead Qt3D
Email: sarah.j.smith at nokia.com<mailto:sarah.j.smith at nokia.com>