[Development] V8's location

Kent Hansen kent.hansen at nokia.com
Tue Jan 3 14:49:41 CET 2012

Den 01. jan. 2012 20:59, skrev ext simon.hausmann at nokia.com:
> Whoever is going to do the work may first have to add support for host builds in modules outside qtbase, in order to support v8 snapshots.
>
> Simon

Hmm, I was getting ready to create a JIRA task ("Add support for host
builds in modules outside qtbase"), but then I noticed that
"linguist/lrelease" is still present in the part of the configure script
that handles the host-or-target mkspec selection:

*tools/bootstrap*|*tools/moc*|*tools/rcc*|*tools/uic*|*linguist/lrelease*)
SPEC=$QMAKESPEC ;;

but lrelease lives in the qttools module now. So how is it built as a
host tool when cross-compiling? Is it hard-coded somewhere else or is
there already a general solution in place (too much New Year's optimism)?

qtbase/mkspecs/features/qt_module_config.prf does
"qtPrepareTool(QMAKE_LRELEASE, lrelease)" and some more stuff, does it
still belong there?

Kent