[Development] V8's location

simon.hausmann at nokia.com simon.hausmann at nokia.com
Sun Jan 1 20:59:24 CET 2012

Whoever is going to do the work may first have to add support for host builds in modules outside qtbase, in order to support v8 snapshots.

Simon

--
Sent from my Nokia N930.12.11 09:09 skrev ext Thiago Macieira:
On Monday, 12 de December de 2011 19.34.21, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Monday, 12 de December de 2011 18.03.53, aaron.kennedy at nokia.com wrote:
> > > $ git reset --hard d28b6a024826aaa48a8b3e69c096d01c91aff2c9
> > > Checking out files: 100% (894/894), done.
> > > HEAD is now at d28b6a0 Add flag to avoid breakpoint relocation
> >
> > The Qt v8 repo is a clone of the official v8 git repo, so we preserve
> > whatever formatting Google has chosen.
>
> Doesn't mean they have sane procedures...
>
> But that's yet another reason for it to move out of qtbase. People are far
> less likely to modify the qt5.git repository than qtbase.git.

Can we PLEASE make the move happen? I'm tired of every week chasing which
commit in my 100-commit-on-top-of-origin master branch included
src/3rdparty/v8 by accident.

At the very least, please apply the two attached patches as soon as possible.
(V8 isn't subject to the CLA and I'm not sending patches to Google either)