[Development] Qt Contributors Summit: when and where

Andre Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Tue Jan 3 21:21:43 CET 2012

Op 3-1-2012 21:14, Richard Moore schreef:
>>> - How many rooms, which capacity? No need to get into details but having
>>> a rough idea would be useful in order to book the right amount of space.
>>> For you this means what type of event do you want: was the event last
>>> year good or would you prefer a different distribution? For us booking
>>> the venue it has clear implications in the contract and the budget.
>> Last year I got the impression that the number of rooms were fine, but
>> the size of (some of) the rooms were not. Some sessions had people
>> standing up against the wall, and sitting on the floor, and too little
>> ventilation. Lets not do that again.
> Yes, I think we need a few bigger rooms than we had last year. We had
> lots of rooms that were good for small sessions, but the big ones were
> totally overfull which was no fun for anyone.

Agreed. However, how you figure out what session to put in what room?
Last year, the format was that of an unconference. How you choose what
room to put your session in? It is hard to estimate the number of
interested people for any session in such a setup. I, for one, was
(pleasantly) surprised by the interest in the SQL one I put on the board
last year. It was not one of those overcrowded ones (everyone had a
chair!), but still more crowded than I expected.

Anyway, I guess bigger rooms on average for the same number of people
would take away much of the pressure already.

André