[Development] Hacking guide for Qt's SSL Support

Peter Hartmann peter.hartmann at nokia.com
Wed Jan 4 11:58:30 CET 2012

On 01/01/2012 04:51 PM, ext Andreas Aardal Hanssen wrote:
> (...)
> The other options I imagined were GnuTLS [*], and using native SSL support
> should that exist.
>
> Today the backend separation is still around but it only complicates the
> code unless there truly are other backends to support.

I don't know GnuTLS at all, but I would say if there was another backend
we might want to support then it is NSS, as it is used by Mozilla and
Google Chrome on Linux, so I assume it to be stable and well tested, +
they seem to care a lot about blacklisting certificates etc.
But anyway, this is more a theoretical thought these days, I don't see
another backend being implemented anytime soon... but I am still in
favour of keeping the distinction between what is common SSL logic and
what is OpenSSL specific.

Btw. nice Wiki page, Rich :)

Peter