[Development] When is Qt 4.8 in Gerrit? (Was: Qt Commercial 4.8.0 release delta to LGPL version)

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Wed Jan 11 13:11:23 CET 2012

On 11.1.2012 13.00, "Oswald Buddenhagen" <oswald.buddenhagen at nokia.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 06:59:34AM +0000, ext Turunen Tuukka wrote:
>> But we will push these also to Qt 5, of course we want it to contain
>>these
>> fixes as well. We plan to do this after the review is done and we know
>>if
>> the fix is accepted.
>>
>and how exactly do you plan to ensure that nothing falls through the
>cracks? and that it is forward-ported *soon*? going for a jira excess,
>with a subtask for each qt5 forwardport? i'll endorse an exception if
>you present a credible process. have fun ...

We have all those pending merge requests available as patches in our
internal git, so it is easy to see that all do get to both 4.8 and 5.

Process we propose is the following:

1. Each person from Digia who have pending merge requests in the old
system pushes them to 4.8 with new system.

2. The contributions are reviewed and hopefully most are accepted to 4.8

3. We push all the applicable contributions to Qt 5, which should be very
easy after they are reviewed for 4.8

As said this is the process for the pending 4.8 contributions. We prefer
this in order to have the delta between 4.8.1 LGPL and Commercial smaller
than it was in 4.8.0.

If there are others than Digia with pending contributions to 4.8, I think
the
same approach would be good to use, as this way their fixes get to the
users faster (as 4.8.1 will be out sooner than 5.0.0).

For future fixes we can take the approach of doing them to Qt 5 first,
with exception of such fixes that we need for 4.8 but are not relevant for
5.

Yours,

--
Tuukka Turunen