[Development] fixing name of QNetworkAccessManager::createRequest

Mathias Hasselmann mathias at openismus.com
Fri Jan 13 13:32:27 CET 2012

Am Freitag, den 13.01.2012, 14:10 +0200 schrieb Robin Burchell:
> 2012/1/13 Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>:
> > So, changing the name of this function is:
> >
> >  - of little practical benefit
> >  - not 100% automatable without a code scanner
> >  - dangerous, as it creates silent bugs
>
> what about the slightly more garden-variety approach of deprecating
> the old one and introducing a new method?

Maybe we should check the premise of this discussion first.
Does that method really have the wrong name? It is called
"createRequest" and after all it causes creation of a network request.
Now this network request is just an internal object, and not exposed to
the API user. Instead the watchable reply object is returned in advance.
Not really an issue, and not entirely uncommon in async APIs IMHO.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias at openismus.com>