[Development] Qt Commercial 4.7.5 is out - how shall we contribute is the best?

Daniel Molkentin daniel.molkentin at nokia.com
Thu Jan 19 17:21:48 CET 2012

On 1/19/2012 4:46 PM, ext Turunen Tuukka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have just released Qt Commercial 4.7.5, which is based on Qt 4.7.4,
> additionally containing the fixes from 4.7 branch that were not in
> 4.7.4, as well as fixes we have backported from 4.8. Overall Qt
> Commercial contains 216 fixes to Qt Commercial 4.7.4, and a few more
> to LGPL version of 4.7.4.
Good to hear.
> In case there is still interest towards 4.7 in the community, we are
> happy to make the source code available. What way would you prefer? We
> can, for example, make this available in gitorious and send the link
> to the mailing list.

IMHO: Push the changes through Gerrit, now that Qt 4 has been imported.
Does anyone see a problem to force-push those changes? Once they are
pushed, set a 4.7.5 tag. New fixes (e.g. for a Qt Commercial 4.7.6)
should go through Gerrit as well. IMHO, if somebody has a vetted
interested in maintaining a branch, he/she should do it. Would Digia
want to keep releasing 4.7-branch fixes? Does anyone else care for 4.7?

> You can have a look into the release content at:
> http://www.digia.com/en/Blogs/Qt-blog/Tuukka-Turunen/Dates/2012/1/QtComm_475_released/

Looks like a nice list indeed.

Cheers,
   Daniel

--
Daniel Molkentin, Software Engineer,
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori