[Development] Qt Commercial 4.7.5 is out - how shall we contribute is the best?

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Jan 19 23:17:55 CET 2012

Sorry for top posting...

Yes, we are happy to maintain the 4.7 branch, thoug we are not planning more releases to it unless something comes up.

Let's see where the decision settles, after which we do the needed actions, and see who from Digia is the best one for this.

Yours,

Tuukka

daniel.molkentin at nokia.com kirjoitti 19.1.2012 23:13:

On Jan 19, 2012, at 21:58 , ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> By the way, considering what Ossi said in the other email ("4.7 is closed as
> far as the qt project is concerned [...] [because] fixes are not being applied
> to 4.7 first"), the Qt project needs to make a decision:
>
> - reopen the 4.7 branch and work on it, everyone, when a fix from someone (like
> Digia) turns up
> - tell Digia to stop increasing the version number
> - or turn over the maintenance of the 4.7 branch to Digia, including the
> ability to make releases
>
> My personal preference, seeing how busy everyone is with 5.0 alone, not to
> mention 4.8, is the third option. Turning over maintenance does not mean
> "anything goes", but it means Digia engineers and the rest of the community
> work on the 4.7 branch inside the Qt project. Commits should still be reviewed
> and a Qt project release should still happen. I'm sure there are Linux
> distribution packagers who can help in the release testing for their own
> maintenance updates.
>
> I propose we nominate a release maintainer/manager, who is responsible for
> setting the priorities for that release.

+1 I would say. Tuukka, do you agree? If so, can you name one or more maintainers inside Digia?

Cheers,
Daniel