[Development] Let's discuss QPluginManager

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Jan 23 11:15:20 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz)
<artur.souza at openbossa.org> wrote:

> Another feature related to plugins that KDE implemented and I find it
> very useful and "elegant" is KPluginFactory:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdelibs/repository/revisions/master/entry/kdecore/util/kpluginfactory.h

In addition to plugins which provide non-visual features, what about
something like KParts that could be embedded in applications?

Some guidelines to avoid ABI problems might be needed, but I think
this is a good opportunity to create a marked for 3rd-party companies
developing components. It's huge in Delphi and .NET and I have always
wondered why it does not really exist in the Qt world.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org