[Development] Does someone have plans to start working on the OAuth integration?

Peter Hartmann peter.hartmann at nokia.com
Wed Jan 25 11:04:55 CET 2012

On 01/25/2012 09:22 AM, ext Tero.Aijala at nokia.com wrote:
> ...Mentioned on the bug here:
> https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com//browse/QTBUG-6229
> Or has the work even been started already?
 >
 > In case not, does e.g. kqOAuth already work with Qt5?

It would be nice if we could have kQOauth ([1]) as an add-on module in
Qt ([2]); I am in contact with the kqOAuth author and from what I can
remember he liked the idea. I guess that this would be all it takes to
make it work with Qt 5, but I have never verified that.

Also, talking about OAuth is a bit confusing because it comes in two
versions: OAuth 1.0a, which you want to use with a 3rd party library
like kQOAuth, and OAuth 2, which I believe is simple enough to do on top
of QNetworkAccessManager. Both versions are currently in use, while I
think new APIs tend to use OAuth 2 more.
Here some examples, I hope they are still up to date:

OAuth 1.0a: Twitter, Flickr, Dropbox
OAuth 2:    Facebook, Youtube, Foursquare

Peter

[1] http://www.d-pointer.com/solutions/kqoauth/
[2] http://wiki.qt-project.org/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt