[Development] Use make before you push and stage

bradley.hughes at nokia.com bradley.hughes at nokia.com
Wed Jan 25 09:32:38 CET 2012

Yesterday was a bit of a frustrating day. I had to stage a simple .pro-file change of mine 8, eight, times before it finally went in. All of the breakages throughout the day where build breakages. Many of them were in the autotests, but some where in the libraries themselves.

My request is simple: make sure you've configured with the -developer-build, don't use -nomake if you're going to be pushing changes to Gerrit for review, and don't forget to use your make tool before pushing. You will save yourself and your fellow cuties alot of frustration.

Thanks :)

--
Bradley T. Hughes
bradley.hughes at nokia.com