[Development] Qftp removal

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 6 16:03:12 CET 2012

On terça-feira, 6 de março de 2012 14.06.55, qtnext wrote:
> I need to add now a lot of ftp operations (list, download, upload) in a
> software that is a very good candidate for Qt5 (full Qml). Regarding
> that QFtp will be remove : what is the best option :
>      - Kio ? Is there a full Qt port available now ?

What do you mean? KIO is and has always been written on top of Qt.

>      - Qft Shane Kearns Module for Qt5?

I don't know where we moved it to. But it should be possible to include this
QFtp module in your application and be happy.

>      - available implementation of mkdir, list, in QNAM?

mkdir is easy to add, but not list, since that wouldn't return a standard
QNetworkReply. So no, it's highly unlikely that the full extent of the methods
will be available before Qt 5.2 at the earliest (this is a guess).