[Development] Reverting the QRegExp change?

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Wed May 2 11:08:11 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> Given the negative reaction here and on Gerrit, I'm wondering if we should
> revert it.

I think that one is probably going to cause a reasonable amount of
pain - from looking at the creator diff - so I do think that doing
something about it is probably the right thing.

For me, reverting would be the proper thing to do, given that the
classes are fundamentally flawed (so we've said), deprecated, and we
have a replacement for them (QRegularExpression).