[Development] [QTBUG-23273] Change to Q_DECLARE_INTERFACE interfaces

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed May 2 16:53:37 CEST 2012

The task https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23273 is assigned to
me and requests that we stop using the "com.trolltech" reverse domain in our
interfaces.

I have not a single clue about how Q_DECLARE_INTERFACE works or where it's
used. I will happily do the search and replace, but I need someone to reply to
this email saying, with 100% certainty, that this will not cause regressions
compared to Qt 4. I will also accept someone with 100% certainty saying that
the regressions are minimal and acceptable.

Otherwise, I will close the task saying we can't do it for source-
compatibility reasons.