[Development] things to do to make it easier to transit to a play ground project.

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Fri May 4 18:05:09 CEST 2012

Hi Sivan,

>  For instance, I need to be able to extend QDeclerativeContext and
> perhaps to add stuff at the top of the QObject hierarchy. Does this
> require any special things repo wise, or just plain cloning and merge
> requesting once it is accepted upstream?

As far as I see, there are certain ways like:

1) Playground project: for instance an add-on module, if it is something bigger.
2) Topic branch: like cli_parser.
3) Patchset against master (even separate hosting from the Qt Project
in the meantime or just locally): if you think it would be better in
some existing modules instead of a new add-on.

I guess the selection depends on certain factors. Perhaps, it is
better to fire your idea(s) away and then people can provide more
precise and thorough replies than mine. :-)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp