[Development] The place of QML

Peter Kuemmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue May 8 09:50:16 CEST 2012

> > Now we suddenly have an easy to use, yet compulsory, Turing complete
> > language with essentially no support from off-the-shelf tools.
>
> It's this "compulsory" part that I don't understand.
> The current situation is that if you don't want to use
> QML you don't use it.

Does "don't use it" mean I should use QWidgets?
But who wants to base a new project on a system which
is officially called something that sounds like "obsolete"
and "dead (no new features)"; I know the marketing calls this
only "done".

And AFAIK QML can't be used like .ui files for complete feature rich
desktop applications, or I'm wrong?

There is no smooth migration path for old-school Qt/C++ developers.

Peter