[Development] Enable Exceptions for Windows CE as default

Olivier Goffart olivier at woboq.com
Wed May 9 11:22:21 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 09 May 2012 09:45:31 Andreas Holzammer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was hitting qtxmlpatterns not compiling, because Exceptions are not
> enabled by default for Windows CE. My guess is that this was done for
> performance and or security reasons.
>
> I would like to propose that we enable the Exceptions for Windows CE for
> Qt5 as default. If you have concerns, comments or issues with that,
> please answer to this mail and explain it.

You can enable exceptions only in xmlpattern.  They are not suppose to
"traverse" other layers of Qt.

In particular, Qt does not play well with exceptions.  They won't pass trough
the event loop, and most of the Qt code is not exceptions safe (code often do
not expect a signal to throw)

So it is probably better to leave them disabled, as exceptions still add lot
of code to the binary, and that won't be of any use